Alleged of Franziska murder says sorry to her parents in letter
One of the men alleged of the rape and murder of teenager Franziska Blöchliger in Tokai Forest has written a letter to her parents expressing his compunction, according to a weekend report.According to the Sunday Argus, 27-year-old Howard Oliver brought a handwritten letter to the Wynberg Magistrate’s Court on April 5 and was seen talking it over with his lawyer.The letter reportedly contained an apology to the Blöchligers and conveyed Oliver’s compunction.
The family’s advocate, Adrian Samuels, ensured the letter’s existence to the Argus, and that the Blöchligers were aware it existed.He said it was ill-timed for the letter to be submitted in court.One of the four men abandoned his bail application in court that day, news.shoppprice.com.au reported. The legal representatives of the other three suspects asked for a postponement as DNA results were still outstanding.It is not clear if Oliver was the one who abandoned his bail application.
All four face charges of murder, rape, and robbery with aggravating conditions. Each suspect faces six counts of rape. Last month, Franziska’s father Florian Blöchliger said the family would be leaving the country to find inner peace, news.shopprice.com.au reported.On his Facebook page, Florian said: “We are leaving SA for a while and expect to find some inner peace. Love u all… Florian, Shireen and Sophia.”
The family thanked all those who had supported them and said the family needed time to gather themselves.”We just need some time for ourselves. We need time to find peace and gather ourselves. We are going [to] the middle of nowhere,” he said.